This recipe will serve 2.
- Diced Chicken 300 gms
- 2 Medium size onion
- 2 Medium size tomatoes
- 3 Scoop yogurt (alternatively add desiccated coconut 🥥 2 spoon for yet another delicious curry)
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 6-7 Garlic cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 5-6 spoon of Vegetable oil
- 3-4 teaspoon chicken curry masala
- 1 spoon Turmeric powder
- 1 spoon chilli powder (optional if adding green chilli)
- Salt as per taste
- Whole indian spices including green cardamom 2-3, black pepper whole 2-3, bat leaves 2-3 and a small cinnamon stick. Cloves are optional
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 40-50 mins
In a pan, add half a cup of oil. Once moderate hot, add whole spices, chopped garlic, ginger, green chilli, sauté and next add chopped onion. Cook in high-medium flame unless onion starts leaving oil. Hint: adding little salt helps onion to cook fast. Keep mixing once a while to avoid burning.
Next, add cut tomatoes, turmeric, salt, chicken curry masala and red chilli powder (optional). Mix well and again cover with lid and cook until tomatoes are almost mashed. As shown below.
Now add diced chicken and yogurt. Once again mix well and lower the flame to medium heat and let it cook. Note, water content in yogurt is sufficient for chicken to cook. Mix once a while and cook unless chicken is done. (If using desiccated coconut add just half a cup water for chicken to cook)
If too much water is left even after chicken is done, increase the flame and cook unless you get desired consistency.
1. Make dry chicken masala with no gravy best to serve with Indian bread (chapati)
2. Chicken curry to serve with Rice (add one cup hot water, mix well and cook for another 2-3 mins and turn off the gas).